Thank you for the great turnout at Hedenkamp’s first ToonCon! It wouldn’t have been possible without the many parent and student volunteers that helped mount artwork, set up and breakdown after the event. Special thanks to:
- VAPA and Hedenkamp teachers
- San Diego Star Wars Society
- SoCal Comics
- Mount Miguel’s Anime Club
- Mount Miguel’s Sidewalk Artists
- Paula Annicchiarico, Art Advisor Mount Miguel High School
- The cast of “The Sakura” (Montgomery High School)
- Marie Zhivago, Chula Vista Arts Commissioner
- Speaker Elisa Haynes, Chula Vista Recreation Department
- Speaker Sito Francisco, Sony Entertainment
- Hedenkamp Custodian Mr. Victor
- Mrs. Yager for donating her face painting services
- Inflatable World for donating the lanyards
Mark your calendars for Staff Appreciation beginning May 2nd – May 6th. This is the week to inundate Hedenkamp teachers and staff with thanks and appreciation for all they do. Below is a suggested list of daily activities for the special week:
- Monday, May 2nd – FLOWER DAY: bring a flower from your garden and together they will make a beautiful bouquet.
- Tuesday, May 3rd (National Teacher Appreciation Day) – STUDENT NOTES: have your child bring a note/poem of appreciation to their teacher and/or staff member.
- Wednesday, May 4th – FRUIT BASKET: bring a snack or piece of fruit for your teacher and/or staff member.
- Thursday, May 5th – SUPPLIES: the end (of the school year) is almost near and so are the supplies! Consider donating an item such as pencils, tissues or markers for the classroom.
- Friday, May 6th – TREAT DAY: bring a treat for your teacher and/or staff member.
PTA also has special treats planned daily for Hedenkamp teachers and staff with an appreciation luncheon to end the week. Join us in making this a special week for our fabulous teachers and staff.