- $17 – at the door PTA member / $18 – at the door PTA non-member
Students are encouraged to collect donations from family and friends. In return, students will pledge to read a number of grade level books during the one week period. Donations may be a specific amount per book read or a set amount for the entire week. All donations are tax deductible.
All proceeds from the Read-A-Thon will be used to purchase new books for the Hedenkamp school library. As incentive for the students:
- All students will receive a Dr. Seuss bookmark for participating
- The class that raises the most money in the school will be awarded a classroom pizza party
- Any student who raises at least $25 will be entered into a drawing to win the Read-A-Thon grand prize: Samsung Galaxy Tab A (with pen).
- For every $25 a student raises, the student’s name will be entered into the drawing.
- To qualify for the pizza party or the grand prize drawing, donations must be turned in by Friday, March 3rd. Winners of the grand prize and pizza party will be announced on Monday, March 13th.
READ ACROSS AMERICA LITERACY EVENT & BOOK CHARACTER DRESS UP DAY
All students, staff and parents are encouraged to come to school dressed as their favorite book character on Friday, March 3rd. Enjoy donuts and juice as you read with your child at 8:00 AM in the MPR.