Panda Express Fundraiser
Tired of cooking and cleaning after the Super Bowl and don’t want to deal with the Valentine’s Day rush? Order ahead or on the event day (tomorrow, Wednesday, February 15) at Panda Express (2015 Birch Road, Otay Ranch Town Center location).
If ordering online or through the app, enter 350440 in the fundraiser code box, or show the flyer (print or from your phone) when ordering in-person.
T-shirt Design Contest Voting Guidelines
Students that submitted t-shirt designs yesterday for the Hedenkamp 20 year anniversary will have their classes vote anonymously amongst their class designs to select 1 submission by February 15.
- Staff will review all class submissions (1 per) to vote on the final 10 by February 17.
- The final 10 will be displayed near the library for all to vote by February 22 to narrow down to 5.
- The final 5 will be reviewed by deciding committee and announced February 24.
We’re excited to see the designs!
PTA Membership Goals
We need 4 more PTA members for a Pajama Day at school! (We’re currently at 196 members) Join at huskiespta.com/membership.
Help us reach our end goal of 400 PTA members! Every time we reach a goal, the school gets a prize:
- 150 members: Principal sings a song!
- 200 members: Pajama Day!
- 250 members: Free homework pass!
- 300 members: Popsicles!
- 350 members: Pie in Principal’s face!
- 400 members: Extra recess!
PTA Connected: Be Internet Awesome, sponsored by Google + YouTube
Hedenkamp PTA was selected as a recipient of National PTA’s PTA Connected: Be Internet Awesome funding sponsored by Google + YouTube!
We will be hosting a digital education event on Thursday, April 20, 2023, at 5:30 pm. During this event, parents and caregivers will have the chance to:
- Learn about how to keep their families smart, alert, strong, kind, and brave online.
- Explore the Be Internet Awesome Family Guide and Google’s Family Link app.
- Engage with their peers to discuss their families’ online experiences and solutions.
We are in need of volunteers to help plan and make our event a success. You do not have to be a Tech Expert to help, for example, volunteers can lead or assist with event planning, logistics, promotion, registration or data entry, participant/speaker communication, A/V setup, coordination of snacks/beverages, handouts, room setup/cleanup, etc.
If you are interested in volunteering, please e-mail Alma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTA 2023 Nominating Committee Report
Name of PTA: HEDENKAMP ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Date: February 10, 2023
The nominating committee met on January 31, 2023 to consider all eligible candidates for the 2023-2024 term of office. The nominating committee presents the following slate of officers for the association’s consideration:
President Jaclyn Alvarez
Vice President Catherine Felix
Secretary Maria Flores
Treasurer Lucy Castaneda
Chairman of Volunteers Helen Oh
Chairman of Membership Sibyl Brewer
Chairman of Communications Eric Pamintuan
Chairman of Fundraising
Chairman of Programs
The report of the nominating committee is submitted to the membership in writing at least 28 days prior to the election and reported at the election meeting. The report of the nominating committee must be entered into the minutes of the March general association meeting.
Yearbook Submissions Deadline – March 1
We are about 2 weeks away from March 1, which is the deadline for:
- Submitting photos for the yearbook
- Submitting 6th grader’s baby photos
- Submitting 6th grader’s favorite memory
- and to purchase Love Lines
The last day to order a yearbook is April 2.
All yearbook info can be found at huskiespta.com/yearbook or e-mail email@example.com.
Dozens of Valentines Day cards, candies, chocolates for the kids to exchange (check).
Writing a personalized Love Line for the Yearbook…?
Save the date to order take out, eat out, or hang with friends at Rubio’s on Eastlake Parkway on March 15 to support our PTA! See flyer above for more info.